Free Humane Education presentations
ARFF’s Humane Education Department teaches people the value of kindness toward animals and the importance of protecting their habitats. Our interactive presentations can be geared for any age group and are designed to empower youth to make conscious and compassionate choices, encouraging a sense of personal responsibility toward animals and the planet. We offer the following presentations on:
- Wildlife Conservation: an exploration of the relationship between humans and animals and the environments we share. The presentation uses a variety of activities to get students to think critically about animals living in captivity and understand the role of ecology in advancing wildlife conservation.
- Vegetarianism: highlights the benefits of a plant-based diet for our health, the environment, and the welfare of animals. The presentation invites students to ethically consider their food choices, while promoting a sustainable and healthy lifestyle.
- Companion Animals: emphasizes the responsibilities of caring for a cat or dog, while coaching students on proper guardianship. The presentation focuses on a variety of issues including the cat and dog overpopulation problem, the importance of adoption and spay and neuter, and positive-reinforcement training.
- Animal Testing: examines the ethical issues of using animals in medical research and product testing, while providing humane, cruelty-free alternatives.
- Oppression: examines the link between the past and present oppression of humans to the cruelty of animals and how the tools used to maintain both are the same.
- Animals In Our Backyard: a “hands-on” look at the animals in our ecosystem, their importance, and the ways in which we can protect them.
101 Reasons to Go Vegan
A humorous and honest look at diet and culture. WARNING: This presentation will make you rethink what you eat. What People are Saying about “101 Reasons to Go Vegan”:
I just wanted to give you a huge standing ovation for your phenomenal presentation. Really the best, most succinct, entertaining, and uplifting presentation on the subject of choosing to be vegan which I have seen.
We would love to have the opportunity to present to your students or community group. If you have questions or would like to schedule a presentation, please contact James at (954) 727-2733 or e-mail: email@example.com.
About the presenter:
James Wildman holds a Masters Degree in Humane Education and has been giving presentations on veganism and other topics for over 7 years. He has been invited to present at FAU, FIU, UM, Broward College, Miami Dade College, Palm Beach Atlantic University and over 50 high schools in South Florida. Over 10,000 students & adults have seen a presentation live.
Animal Rights Foundation of Florida
1431 N Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Promoting respect and compassion for animals in Florida has been the mission of the Animal Rights Foundation of Florida since 1989.
The Animal Rights Foundation of Florida is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.